Summer Savory Seedling
Like a more peppery thyme, savory features in the French canon of "fines herbes."
Sold out, check back soon!
About Summer Savory Seedling
Summer Savory is an aromatic member of the mint family, and a relative of thyme and rosemary. Its peppery, thyme-like flavor has been used to season dishes for over 2000 years. Join in this tradition by growing your own Summer Savory at home!
- Your seedling will be between 3 and 8 inches tall.
- With your seedling, you'll receive access to our guide to planting, caring for, and harvesting from your plant.
- Is native to the Mediterranean region, Caucasus, and Southeastern Europe.
- Has been used for many centuries for its medicinal qualities, for purposes such as relieving stings, aiding digestion, and remedying a sore throat.
- Is part of the "Herbes de Provence," a French blend of dried herbs, including marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and oregano. These are sprinkled over meats and fishes before grilling or roasting, or added to oils to create a cooking base full of flavor.
Want just a taste? Buy a serving of our Summer Savory here.
Grown locally indoors, pesticide-free, and selected fresh from our farm on the day of your delivery. Packaging is compostable.BACK